Home improvement changes in creating more open plan design, kitchen and dinning room to become one unit or two rooms into one.

Usually any design changes being 2.4 meters in length of walls removed may not require a structrual engineers calculation and your LABC building inspector can advise what size steel beams to use.

But you should always contact your local building control department before you make any decisions to guide you.

Structrual alterations certifications are very important as without this you may jeapodise any future sale of your property. Solicitors of the buyer will ask for proof by supplying this document.

There is a guided link provided in the PLANNING menu page. 

Building inpection fees by the LABC will apply.  

For further advice contact AB building services ltd for futher guidance. 

AB BUILDING SERVICES LTD Building a new house